2008-11-05

Keep your hands out of my purse!



We've gotten to the point where everybody's got a right and nobody's got a responsibility.
Newton Minow
Look, I hate predatory lenders as much as the next guy, but I just don’t get this whole bailout-the-people- in- foreclosure idea. How in the world did the adjustable rate mortgage seem like a good idea to anyone anyway? My parents (who are older than John McCain, by the way) bought 3 houses with 30 year fixed rate mortgages and it worked out pretty good.

In 2003, when I bought my house, the mortgage madness was in full swing and I was offered all kinds of wonderful “new mortgage options.” Dude, when did paying interest and no principal become a good option? How do people manage to screw themselves so badly?

I do not want to pay the inflated mortgage on a bunch of crapped-up houses in the ghetto. Do they plan to bail out the joker who refinanced his house to buy a big screen TV?

This is not my American Dream. I did not create this problem and I refuse to fix it. Just so a bunch of people living over their means don’t have to lower themselves and… gasp… rent again?
Please.

Before you ask me: where you been, Rip? Let me say, this is not old news, this is not over. This is just the beginning. This is an issue Liberals in Congress-being led by the Pink -will be ramming down our throats before the dust settles on this election.

The need to have more than we can afford is epidemic in the US and we must stop the government from expanding it’s support of it. If you buy a house you can’t afford, you don’t make the payments, you lose it. It’s sad, but not insurmountable. This is America for goodness sake.
You dust off, regroup and start climbing again. Believe me, it’s so much sweeter when you make it to the top on your own, anyway.

1 comment:

Girl in the Middle said...

*Gasp* Are you talking about responsibility? Surely you can't be serious. That's asking for far too much from our fellow citizens.